Our general surgeons treat patients with a broad spectrum or diseases, and they are involved every step of the way, from diagnosis and treatment to management and operative intervention. Surgeons are involved in pre-operative care, which determines whether a patient is a candidate for surgery or whether there is a less invasive, more suitable alternative.
Surgeries may be elective or on an emergency basis, and our surgeons also serve as on-call physicians in local hospital emergency rooms. They have broad knowledge of surgical critical care, surgical oncology and trauma.
They are also trained to use minimally-invasive methods when applicable to help the patient recover faster and with less pain, and to minimize risk.
Some of the surgeries we provide include:
- Minimally invasive robotic surgery
- Hernia repair
- Single-site incision gallbladder surgery (cholecystectomy)
- Appendectomy (adult and pediatric)
- Cancer removal
- Acid reflux treatment
- Breast biopsy
- Core breast biopsy
- Laparoscopic colon resection
- Laparoscopic nissen fundoplication (for acid reflux)
- Transoral incisionless fundoplication (for acid reflux)
- Thyroid surgery
- Varicose veins