Your medical history holds important insight into the care you’ve received, which is why we ask patients to transfer their medical records to the South Texas Health System Clinics. By understanding the history of your health and well-being, your physician can recommend proper treatment options.
Transferring your records
To transfer your records to the South Texas Health System Clinics:
- Download the Medical Records Release form >
- Send it to your previous physician’s office to complete
- Return the completed form to our office
To transfer your records to another care facility:
- Contact your new physician’s office for their transfer procedure
- If their office requires a Medical Records Release form from our office, you can download it here >
At any time, you can request a copy of your medical records for a small fee. The fee covers the process of preparing your medical records for personal use. We charge $20 for the first five pages and 50 cents for any additional pages.